Chronological representation of the most significant events in the history of ERO LICHTTECHNIK Rolofs GmbH:
1934: On February 6, Ernst Rolofs Senior founds the electrical fitter company Rolofs, Bergstrasse 7 in Ochtrup. His wife Elisabeth Rolofs is responsible for the retail trade in white and brown goods, lamp & lights, electrical heaters and musical instruments.
1940: The company expands the retail trade on August 5 to the specialist business of radio with its own repair workshop.
1965: After the death of the company's founder, his son Ernst Rolofs Junior assumes the management. The company specialises further in the setup and fixtures of discotheques and gastronomy equipment.
1969: Purchase and move into the old Volksbank building at Bergstrasse 13. Establishment of records sale and establishment of a production facility for lighting controllers.
1974: The company founds its own sales department and pursues trade at home and abroad.
1977: Change of the business form and foundation of ERO Elektro-Rolofs GmbH. The first ERO catalogue is printed in German and English.
1979: ERO GmbH has its own stand for the first time at a trade fair (DIFA in Munster). This is followed by further trade fair presentations in Düsseldorf, Frankfurt am Main, Hanover, London, Paris, Rimini und Switzerland.
1989: Purchase and move to grounds with a commercial hall in the industrial area Ost 1 in Ochtrup, Waldstrasse 8. New construction of an additional warehouse and production plant.
1992: ERO purchases the Belgian company SMP Stoof Mirror Products in Kaulille and transfers the complete disco-style mirror ball production to Ochtrup.
1994: New construction of a warehouse with high-bays and access for large articulated vehicles. Exclusive German representation for fibre-optic waveguides and projectors of the American brand SUPERVISION.
1998: The company ventures into sale of the first LED modules.
2000: The company's first web presence goes online.
2007: Ernst Rolofs retires and hands over the management to his son Timo Rolofs.